October 12, 2012

Recipe: healthy banana pancakes

I eat these pancakes regularly, maybe even up to 4 times a week! Though I love my carbs, I try to stay away from too much especially during the morning. (I eat most of my carbs for lunch!)
If you're used to traditional pancakes, these may take a little bit of getting used to!
I've been making these for the past 2 years and I always have the ingredients lying around in my kitchen.

They're cute, right? :)
This recipe will make 2 large or 3 medium sized pancakes.

Ingredients (these are estimations, add more or less depending on the type of consistency wanted):
- 1/3 cup egg whites 
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese (I know what you're thinking.. But I promise, it will be okay!
- 1/4 cup oats (I use the minute oats)
- 1/2 banana 
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Sprinkle of sugar (Optional: I usually skip this step because the banana is enough to sweeten the pancakes)
Preheat your pan to medium high and disperse a bit of oil (I use sunflower!)
Blend in everything in a blender! I tried hand mixing and it does not taste the same! I use a single blender which is great for this recipe and other smoothie recipes.
Pour the mixture into the pan and flip when bubbles appear/sides are golden brown. Repeat until the batter is all used up.
Serve with maple syrup.
Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment